POSTED SEPTEMBER 19, 2017
CRJA-IBI GROUP (www.crja.com), Knoxville Office
Full-time position available for a well-rounded Landscape Designer with 1 to 5 years of experience. CRJAIBI
Group is an award-winning landscape architectural firm with offices in Knoxville and Boston.
Founded in 1959, our practice serves both national and international clients. The focus of our projects, in
both the public and private sectors, includes higher education, health care, parks & recreation, community
design, streetscapes, and mixed-use. This position will support our growing landscape architectural
practice of providing site planning, urban and landscape design, graphics, technical production, and
• BLA or MLA degree in Landscape Architecture from accredited program.
• Minimum of 1 to 10 years of experience in a professional office environment.
• Licensure is required.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD; Microsoft (Word/Excel/Powerpoint); Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator &
InDesign; SketchUp; and GIS.
• Rendering skills.
• Creative, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Experience in business development.
• Field experience with landscape construction.
• Ability to meet new people/clients and work well with staff.
• Self-motivated; Able to work well independently with drive to produce high quality work.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and staff.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, work samples, and contact information
Total attachments should not exceed 15 MB. Please reference LA Position in the subject line.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 19, 2017
Thank you for your interest in employment. We are currently accepting resumes for the following LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT / DESIGNER. The ideal candidate will have 3 – 5 of experience.
The HPI office is an open studio setting, with a staff of 18, including 10 landscape architects from 8 schools around the country. Our enthusiasm continually drives us to seek new methods and best practices, and we are interested in a new team member that is also keen to learn new things, to build upon their landscape architecture education and to develop new skills as we strive to create meaningful places. Collaboration is key, whether in our own office or as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team, and we are looking for someone who fits within this dynamic. We are looking for a creative problem solver who is passionate about landscape architecture and urban design, and is eager to contribute in a fast-paced, fun environment.
* Degree from an accredited program in Landscape Architecture
* Proficient in CAD (mac platform and/or Vectorworks a plus, though not required)
* Strong computer (Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign) and hand graphic skills
* Ability to work with a team or independently
* Familiarity and interest with development of construction documents
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Interest in engaging with the community (personally and professionally)
ADDITIONAL SKILLS [Preferred, Not required]:
* LEED accreditation
* GIS and/or Revit experience a plus
* Bachelor or master’s degree in Architecture a plus
* An excellent collaborator
* Graphic Skills (computer generated AND hand graphics)
* Private professional office experience and landscape architect licensure
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Please submit the following to Lauren Kline at email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Digital Portfolio, in PDF format, including a representative sample of your work. Please include hand graphics, CAD drafting techniques and any additional digital software skills such as Sketchup or Photoshop
Please do not mail hard copies or send links to portfolio websites.
All correspondence should be submitted digitally. Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSTED AUGUST 07, 2017
LOSE & ASSOCIATES
Mid-level Landscape Architect
Lose & Associates, Inc. is currently seeking someone with 3 to 5 years’ experience to fill Landscape Architectural positions in Nashville or Knoxville, Tennessee area offices.
There is the opportunity to work on international projects, with potential for international travel, as that part of our design market continues to grow.
Projects will predominantly include recreation and public infrastructure projects across the eastern half of the United States.
Minimum qualifications for the position include:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Landscape Architecture.
· Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of professional experience.
· Ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge of construction materials, construction detailing, grading, construction layout materials and common construction document development for commercial and public infrastructure projects.
· Ideal candidate must have strong computer skills.
· Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite and/or other graphics software.
Lose & Associates, Inc. is a multidisciplinary design firm with offices in Nashville and Knoxville, Tennessee and Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 1982, Lose & Associates is known for design excellence, creative solutions, environmental acumen, and scrupulous attention to detail. Our staff includes architects, landscape architects, civil engineers, and urban planners.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive compensation plan and excellent benefits package. We are members of AIA, APA, ASLA, ASCE, USGBC, SAME and NRPA. Please visit our website: www.loseassoc.com
Respond: Interested candidates should forward cover letter, work samples, and resume to Marla Simmons email@example.com
POSTED JULY 20, 2017
KIMLEY-HORN and ASSOCIATES - NASHVILLE
Ranked as one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. prides itself on hiring high-achieving, dedicated, and reliable professionals. Kimley-Horn is in search of a passionate, licensed landscape architect practice builder to market and win landscape architecture work in our Nashville office. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, will create a vision for growth for their practice and will contribute to the overall growth of the landscape architecture team. They will lead the business development effort with local municipalities, architects and developers and manage the relationship with these key clients.
The successful candidate will be given a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and grow their business. Accounting, administrative, marketing, recruiting, IT and production support will be provided. With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of a performance-based work environment thatcan advance to ownership.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans for growth of personal practice; support the marketing efforts of internal partners
- Work directly with clients to develop site plans, manage the entitlement process, and implement improvements
- Manage project financials and production teams
- Mentor project managers and young professionals
- Provide design, project management and task management leadership to the team.
- Experience working in the Nashville market required
- Successful local track record of winning work with an established Nashville-based client network
- 10 or more years of experience in design of both public and private sector projects
- Registered Landscape Architect in Tennessee
- Experience in varied project types and with variable client types
- Ability to liaise with public and private sector clients, maintain client relationships, manage projects and mentor staff
- Extensive experience in business development and marketing of clients including writing proposals, responding to RFPs, writing scopes of work and establishing budgets and fees
- Ability to effectively and positively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage and mentor staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects profitably
- Entrepreneurial spirit